Reporting to the Director of Business Development you will be responsible for assisting the commercial team to expand and develop growth opportunities within the organisation and your main responsibilities would be:
- Work with sales, marketing, and executive teams to implement new business development initiatives and marketing strategies
- Support market analysis from reports, research and data outputs – pharmaceutical development companies focussed on antibody drug conjugates.
- Maintain CRM (Microsoft) database, add/update account/contact information as necessary as well as opportunities as they move through the sales cycle.
- Run weekly/monthly ad hoc sales management quarterly Pipeline forecasting reports.
- Support activities related to client follow up, proposal development, quotation generation
- Assist in writing company press releases and blog articles.
- Update social media accounts and company website.
- Organize seminars/ webinars and coordinate marketing, conference and networking events
- Coordinate resources within sales/marketing and other departments to achieve objectives.
- Perform other duties, assignments or special projects as needed or as defined by team lead or team management.
- Support sales account teams in business-generating efforts, as needed
Essential Skills & Education:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (life science related or potentially business management)
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (MS office suite minimum).
- Analytical mindset, with experience of data analysis and presentation.
- Good communication & organisational skills
- Working experience in pharma/life science industry preferred. Some understanding of clinical trials is desired.
- Experience of managing social media platforms and publishing of more traditional articles.
- Knowledge of all aspects of sales process, business development, financial forecasting and related analytics.
- Demonstrated effective project management skill is required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, business planning and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent personal interaction skills, professional telephone and client interaction skills.
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment.
We award our teams with a highly competitive remuneration package which will be discussed at interview stage with salary expectations of c. £30,000 p.a plus other benefits including a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays plus a Xmas shut down – (if applicable 3 days gratis holiday during that period) and a 3% contribution to a workplace pension (Peoples pension).
In the first instance, please attach your CV and current remuneration details/expectations together with a brief covering letter.
**Unfortunately, neither emails or calls from agencies will be accepted for this position**